Thursday, April 9, 2015

Break It Down

I went to my first dance show in Seoul tonight for a bboy musical: the Expression Crew.

Actually, it's been a while since I've been to one so it's a nice yet different thing to do after work. It reminds me of the good old dance days back in college. Oh, how time flies!

They are quite good and I was impressed by the creative story line, use of props, lighting and technology. The scenes with the ghost busters and transformers are probably my favorites. As expected though, bboy techniques are great but choreography can be stronger. Personally, I think it's difficult to excel at both free style and choreography. Even friends of mine fall into either one category or the other, they are just so different. There are always exceptions of course.

Alright, it's time to start looking for some hip hop classes in Seoul! 

Check out our photo with the dancers after the show in the lobby! Yay :)



Some cool videos as well:

Expression Crew on Youtube

#Justanotherdayinkorea


No comments:

Post a Comment